Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Steps

My therapist asked me to list the steps in the process to becoming a woman and set a deadline for the first item. Some of these are ongoing (like practicing my fem voice) and I've listed where I currently am.

  • Coming out to some friends.
  • Coming out to my mom (I came out as bi and genderqueer, not transgender (because I'm still figuring it out)).
  • Dressing more androgynously (adding fem articles of clothing into the mix, wearing some makeup sometimes).
  • I am currently here.
  • Adding to my clothes, jewelry, accessories, etc as needed.
  • Driving around town as a woman.
  • Going through a drive-thru as a woman.
  • Getting better at putting on makeup.
  • Better at my fem voice.
  • Hair extensions or growing my hair out.
  • Going out to dinner as a woman.
  • Going out during the daytime as a woman.
  • Spending a weekend living full time as a woman.
  • Going to the beach.
  • Spending a week or longer living full time as a woman.
  • Talking to my ex-wife about how the kids might deal with this.
  • Coming out to my kids.
  • Coming out to everyone in my personal life.
  • Changing my gender and name on Facebook.
  • Coming out to the business world.
  • Changing my twitter handle.
  • Living full time as a woman.
  • Electrolysis.
  • Facial feminization surgeries.
  • Bottom surgery (I'm not sure I would ever do this).
fashion, person, woman

So the next step for me is driving around town as a woman. I will set a deadline of February 1st.

Hugs and kisses,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment